“Sequelize ORM with NodeJS and MSSQL” article is for Backend developers who looking for Sequelize ORM implementation. Lets’ see what is Sequelize means
What is ORM ?
Object-relational mapping (ORM) is a programming technique in which a metadata descriptor is used to connect object code to a relational database. It means this is a programming technique for converting data between incompatible type systems using object-oriented programming languages. ( TechOpedia and Wikipedia )
What is Sequelize ORM?
Sequelize is a promise-based Node.js ORM for Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite and Microsoft SQL Server. It features solid transaction support, relations, eager and lazy loading, read replication and more. There is a rich documentation. Click here to refer.
Create NodeJS Application
Using “npm init”, you can create a nodeJS application.
After that install MSSQL
Then install the below npm packages
Create a server.js file in your root folder. After that your server.js file look like this.
Create DB connection String – Sequelize MSSQL DB Connection String
In my application I created a another file called “db.config.js” to implement Sequelize MSSQL DB connection string. Here is the code. Copy the below code.
Replace with your username and the password. And also rename the server name and the database name. You can select your driver.
Make sure to false the encrypt. Because it will give you an error called “self signed certificates failed”.
Let’s get into Code – Controllers and Models
This is the create new Port function.
Let’s create get All function with pagination
Get one Port Function.
Thank you for reading. If you are interesting on my article, make sure to follow my other articles as well. Make sure to leave a comment.
- Android Studio Articles – https://builditmasters.com/category/android-studio/
- Android Studio Firebase Tutorial – https://builditmasters.com/category/android-studio-firebase-tutorial/
- C Programming – https://builditmasters.com/category/programming/
- Flutter – https://builditmasters.com/category/flutter/
- GitHub Tutorials – https://builditmasters.com/category/github/
- Java Programming – https://builditmasters.com/category/java-programming/
- MERN / MEVN Stacks – https://builditmasters.com/category/mern_mevn_stacks/
- Tech News – https://builditmasters.com/category/tech-news/
- Theory Lessons – https://builditmasters.com/category/theory-lessons/
- Adobe Tutorials – https://builditmasters.com/category/adobe-tutorials/
- Best Website for Programming – https://builditmasters.com/category/best-website-for-programming/
- Different Programming Styles – https://builditmasters.com/category/different-programming-styles/
- Earn Money – https://builditmasters.com/category/earn-money/
- Social Word – https://builditmasters.com/category/social-world/